Surprising Surgery Art
Wednesday 21st November 2012
I don't mean to boast, but I've been to quite a lot of Doctor Sugeries in my time. Not because I'm particularly prone to illness but because I've moved house a lot, and so had to keep re-registering.
And I've noticed that Doctor Surgeries often like to have nice, soothing pictures on their walls. I assume this is to calm nervous patients and to balance all the scary notices they also tend to have, that say things like, 'QUICK! Get a flu jab now or you might die this winter!' (I'm paraphrasing).
So my current Doctor Surgery has tried to follow this idea. People like green outdoory things, right? And people know there's doctors here, right? Well lets just combine those two things. Yeah, bring it all together.
As you can see there are doctors out and about in what could be Hampton Court Maze? Administering medical check ups to statues.
So far, so strange, but OK. I kind of get it. Bit trippy but vaguely reassuring.
I mean, I'm not sure we should trust these doctors, if they think inanimate statues need helping, but hey, maybe that's how they train now the NHS is being cut.
However, my main concern is the lady at the back of the second picture. What is she doing to that naked mans bum? There's a close up in the third picture.
Everyone else is just using innocent things, like stethoscopes and bandages, but she has a syringe in one hand, and looks like she's about to slip him the finger.
Maybe this is to subliminally prepare the patients to the idea that sometimes at doctor surgeries, embarrassing things happen, and they might have to get their bums out? I don't know. I just don't know.
- Commute home in style by listening to @drunkwomenpod with the hilarious @jaydeadams! This was such a fun show where… link 17 hours ago
- RT @melsil: Marta Kauffman on sexism in the industry: "An executive asked me, “Are you okay?” I said, “I’m fine.” He said, “No, really, wha… 18 hours ago
- RT @drunkwomenpod: 👨🦰MEN’S MONTH!👨🦰In honour of International Men’s Day, November will officially become Drunk Women Men’s Month! Huge th… 19 hours ago
- RT @WeeMissBea: It’s comedy’s most beloved and funny top woman @Roisinconaty ‘a series two PREMIERE tonight of #GameFace. God it’s funny. B… 19 hours ago
- @MarianneLevy Happy birthday to him! 😍 20 hours ago