An award-winning writer, comedian and children’s author, Catie is currently working on a fully-funded film script for Matador Films.
Catie's first book, My Best Friend And Other Enemies was published by Nosy Crow, in 2012 to great acclaim, being selected for the Bookbuzz list of 2013, ranked at No. 1 in the Top 10 Children's Books For Christmas by The Independent, and nominated for a FAB Book Award. The series continued with My Brilliant Life And Other Disasters in 2013; My School Musical And Other Punishments in 2014; and the fourth book, My Great Success And Other Failures in 2015. The translation rights have been sold to many countries including France, Germany, Poland and Korea.
Catie has written for the BBC, The Independent Blog, New Humanist, Tantrum.xyz and Standard Issue Magazine. She has appeared on ITV4’s Stand Up Hero and performed her own Edinburgh Fringe shows to sell out audiences, getting nominated for the NOTBBC Best Live Comedy Show.
On the books
The Guardian – “A fantastic read… it deserves to be in every school library.”
The Independent - “Properly funny, a hilarious tale of childhood friendship"
Harry Hill - "This book is hilarious!"
Jenny Colgan - "I totally loved My Best Friend & Other Enemies - brilliantly funny and painfully true"
”Exceedingly charming and self-effacing... A nice line in acidic sarcasm”
**** Broadway Baby “wonderfully refreshing... brilliant”
**** Three Weeks “A delightfully hilarious show. Pure joy”
**** The Skinny “Wilkins' is an assuredly distinct comic voice”
**** EdinburghGuide.com “expertly constructed, extracting laughs at the right places”
**** Cream of the Fringe “at ease dry delivery, humorous tales...there's something for everyone.”
**** Three Weeks “Wilkins is a delight”
DAVE TV - “A keen and insightful comedy mind, black-as-night sense of mischief and an excellent comedy writer performer. She’ll only get bigger"
Jimmy Carr - “Very funny”
- Starting to feel kind of sorry for Sue. 1 hour ago
- @UmaNayer @drunkwomenpod @VAULTFestival @GirlChaat Haha! Excellent 😁👍🥂 1 hour ago
- If you loved ace @drunkwomenpod guest @UmaNayer from her podcast @GirlChaat you’ll love the live version of her sho… link 1 hour ago
- RT @drunkwomenpod: This ace show is TONIGHT! 8.30pm @VAULTFestival. You’ll remember the brilliant @UmaNayer from an earlier episode of Drun… 1 hour ago
- It’s #DrunkWomenWednesday! This week @drunkwomenpod are joined by renowned psychotherapist and author… link 2 hours ago