An award-winning writer, comedian and children’s author, Catie is currently working on a fully-funded film script for Matador Films.
Catie's first book, My Best Friend And Other Enemies was published by Nosy Crow, in 2012 to great acclaim, being selected for the Bookbuzz list of 2013, ranked at No. 1 in the Top 10 Children's Books For Christmas by The Independent, and nominated for a FAB Book Award. The series continued with My Brilliant Life And Other Disasters in 2013; My School Musical And Other Punishments in 2014; and the fourth book, My Great Success And Other Failures in 2015. The translation rights have been sold to many countries including France, Germany, Poland and Korea.
Catie has written for the BBC, The Independent Blog, New Humanist, Tantrum.xyz and Standard Issue Magazine. She has appeared on ITV4’s Stand Up Hero and performed her own Edinburgh Fringe shows to sell out audiences, getting nominated for the NOTBBC Best Live Comedy Show.
On the books
The Guardian – “A fantastic read… it deserves to be in every school library.”
The Independent - “Properly funny, a hilarious tale of childhood friendship"
Harry Hill - "This book is hilarious!"
Jenny Colgan - "I totally loved My Best Friend & Other Enemies - brilliantly funny and painfully true"
”Exceedingly charming and self-effacing... A nice line in acidic sarcasm”
**** Broadway Baby “wonderfully refreshing... brilliant”
**** Three Weeks “A delightfully hilarious show. Pure joy”
**** The Skinny “Wilkins' is an assuredly distinct comic voice”
**** EdinburghGuide.com “expertly constructed, extracting laughs at the right places”
**** Cream of the Fringe “at ease dry delivery, humorous tales...there's something for everyone.”
**** Three Weeks “Wilkins is a delight”
DAVE TV - “A keen and insightful comedy mind, black-as-night sense of mischief and an excellent comedy writer performer. She’ll only get bigger"
Jimmy Carr - “Very funny”
- RT @drunkwomenpod: Happy #DrunkWomenEve! Tomorrow’s ep feat. Canadian comedian @Comediandana tackles some Gravitron Groping, poisonous soci… 4 hours ago
- @thefifthrunway @Herring1967 Ha, do! The @drunkwomenpod approve 🍸🕵️♀️ 8 hours ago
- RT @Herring1967: And in turn the Drunk Women are guests on my podcast on 15th October - link link 8 hours ago
- This ep drops tomorrow and it’s amazing! Get ready for #drunkwomenwednesday 🍸 link 8 hours ago
- We're cleaning up this old town.. link 1 day ago