It's A Sign
Monday 6th February 2012
I went up to Norfolk at the weekend to see my friends and my little god daughter who is two and a half. This is the sign on the front of their local park. And it exemplifies why I will always love Norfolk.
That is how well Norfolk keeps the sign that proclaims it's best play area. It can't even do that properly. Kind of suggests the play area didn't have that much stiff competition from the rest of Norfolk. Especially during the weirdly specific years of 1991, 1998 and 2000.
kind of dropped off the map a bit. People think showbusiness is cruel as
it forgets people so quickly, but hey, the world of parks is a cut
throat business. One minute you're the belle of the parks, the next, no
one even keeps your sign looking nice. Oh how I bet that park longs for
the halcion days of 1991, 1998 and 2000 respectively.
You might then think that this park might not be up to much, but actually it was pretty cool. It had loads of stuff, and all kinds of exciting part-slide-part-house-part-jungle-gym type contraptions, as well as the usual swings and roundabouts.
The sign just made it look like
whatever the opposite of a humble brag is. (An over the top brag which
is then forcibly humbled?)
- Commute home in style by listening to @drunkwomenpod with the hilarious @jaydeadams! This was such a fun show where… link 18 hours ago
- RT @melsil: Marta Kauffman on sexism in the industry: "An executive asked me, “Are you okay?” I said, “I’m fine.” He said, “No, really, wha… 18 hours ago
- RT @drunkwomenpod: 👨🦰MEN’S MONTH!👨🦰In honour of International Men’s Day, November will officially become Drunk Women Men’s Month! Huge th… 19 hours ago
- RT @WeeMissBea: It’s comedy’s most beloved and funny top woman @Roisinconaty ‘a series two PREMIERE tonight of #GameFace. God it’s funny. B… 19 hours ago
- @MarianneLevy Happy birthday to him! 😍 20 hours ago