Thursday 25th April 2013
I saw this book in an LA airport shop on my way home, and all I could think was: 'if ever there is a book that can just fuck off, then surely it is this book.'
I know our society is meant to be obsessed with youth culture, and afraid of ageing, and all that, but still. Come on. Twenties can't be the new benchmark of over the hill. I mean, where will it end?
Soon there will be a book out called 'Oh Shit I'm A Foetus, God I Miss Just Being An Embryo, When I Still Had My Whole Life Ahead Of Me.'
Plus, in America you can't even drink legally till you're 21, so in theory they should still be looking forward to the ageing process at that stage, rather than lamenting it. And it's certainly not worth swearing about. The youth of today are so rude.
Also because 20's is so young (sorry insane marketing department of this book). And most people are way older than that, it's quite an unseemly thing to be complaining about. Like when a millionaire bemoans how difficult they find being rich.
But basically, if you are in your twenties and you're actually worried that makes you old, there's plenty of euthanasia clinics you can go to now. Then there will be more of the worlds resources left for the rest of us, that have proper stuff to be getting on with.
- Commute home in style by listening to @drunkwomenpod with the hilarious @jaydeadams! This was such a fun show where… link 17 hours ago
- RT @melsil: Marta Kauffman on sexism in the industry: "An executive asked me, “Are you okay?” I said, “I’m fine.” He said, “No, really, wha… 17 hours ago
- RT @drunkwomenpod: 👨🦰MEN’S MONTH!👨🦰In honour of International Men’s Day, November will officially become Drunk Women Men’s Month! Huge th… 19 hours ago
- RT @WeeMissBea: It’s comedy’s most beloved and funny top woman @Roisinconaty ‘a series two PREMIERE tonight of #GameFace. God it’s funny. B… 19 hours ago
- @MarianneLevy Happy birthday to him! 😍 19 hours ago